Hello readers. The UPSC journey is arduous. It requires long hours of sheer commitment and dedication. To make the journey easier, I used to surround myself with motivational thoughts. I’m sharing photos clicked during various stages of my prep with you. I really hope you all are motivated by seeing these pictures:
- This was something I wrote on my whiteboard in my hostel room in February 2017, right after deciding I will be appearing for prelims in June 2017 🙂
2. Something I wrote on my hostel cupboard. This used to face my bed, and was the first thing I would see in the morning after waking up.
3.I wrote all this because it was my final semester in college. My batchmates were partying and chilling, and in that atmosphere getting myself to stay honest with my goal was difficult at times. So I got into extra-motivational mode and wrote this in front of my study table.
4. My hostel room! I shared it with my best friend who is now working in London. The Eat Sleep Conquer Repeat poster was gifted to me by a dear friend 🙂
5. My favourite-est quote. I loved reading this every time I would feel low.
6. The countdown is me counting down the days left in college. My final exam was on 2 June, and the prelims exam was on 18 June. I was itching to go home and set up my study table there.
The “hundred is not a number series” quote was written to motivate myself to score a rank below 100. I had ingrained it in my mind that I will clear this exam only if I set lofty targets for myself, such as securing a rank below 100. Looking back, it feels ridiculous. But as they say, “Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars.”
7. Everytime I used to feel that I have very little time on my hands, this would come to rescue.
8. The wall facing my study table at home 🙂
9. I will always be a nimbu pani lover for life.
10. This often used to leave me moist eyed. Especially when I fell sick during mains (read more here) , I made this as the wallpaper of the phone. This kept me going.
I hope you enjoyed this photo essay. I would consider myself lucky if I am able to motivate even a single one of you as I was motivated by previous years’ toppers.
ALL THE VERY BEST!